Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who got me into music

But first a story, I think the first thing that got me into music was the breaker kids that used to come to my grade school when I was very little. Between lessons they would teach us how to break dance.

I found this video, which was a great lead in to the blog today




which brings me to what artist got me into music (well it was actually two groups)
Michael Jackson and The Jackson 5

Yep that's right the king of pop is the catalyst for my music addiction. Starting from the early years of off the wall and Dancing Machine, I was hooked. Sporting my Captain EO glasses as a kid, I would rock out to MJ tapes all the time.

For those who are not aware of what Captain EO was here's the videos






Some of his/there works that influenced me are;



Jackson 5-I want you back



Jackson 5-ABC



Jackson 5- I'll be there



Michael Jackson-Thriller (Original Version is copyrighted so I couldn't use it, but this one rocks)
1,500 plus CPDRC inmates of the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center, Cebu, Philippines at practice!



Michael Jackson-Beat it



Michael Jackson-Smooth Criminal



Michael Jackson-Dangerous



Michael Jackson-Bad



Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Till You Get Enough


-Video of the day-


Till next time!

No comments: